As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to unfold, the Community's needs have increased and have become more acute. Due to social-isolation there has been an increase in seniors feeling more secluded, lonely, and depressed. Therefore, Howard County Office on Aging and Independence is looking for volunteers to provide social support and companionship to seniors who have limited social connections through a weekly telephone call.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must be compassionate and patient
- Must be able to commit to one day per week for a minimum of 3 months
- Must complete a Background Check
- Must complete a Non-Disclosure Agreement Form
- Must attend orientation/training
- Arrange weekly phone "visits"
- Actively listen to and engage older adult in conversation
- Report any concerns to MAP (Maryland Access Point) staff
- Maintain confidentiality
Minimum age: 18
2 Positions available!
9830 Patuxent Woods Drive
Columbia MD, 21046