The Loan Closet of Howard County is currenlty looking for volunteers to assist with cleaning Durable Medical Equipment (DME).
The purpose of the Loan Closet is to provide a clearinghouse of donated medical equipment to Howard County residents. Many residents are in need of medical equipment for a short period of time; others have medical equipment they no longer need. The Loan Closet brings these two communities of people together.
- Prep DME to be cleaned
- Load and unload DME into cleaning device (Hub Scrub)
- Politely interact with the public
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to lift/move 50 pounds
- Ability to work with noisy machines and in varying temperatures
Volunteers will need to commit to 2 hours (weekly or bi-weekly) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, OR Thursdays
Volunteers will be required to complete a background check and attend an orientation and training (on using the Hub Scrub).
Minimum age: 18