Do you love working with technology? Bain 50+ Center of Howard County Office on Aging & Independence is seeking volunteers to assist seniors with basic computer needs and to answer specific questions regarding computers, laptops and/or tablets. This position will help educate older adults on how to utilize technology so they can be more connected to the community which will also provide them with another form of communication.
Volunteers are needed 1 day per week for 2 hours.
- Must have knowledge of technology
- Must feel comfortable working with older adults
- Commit to volunteering 1 day per week for 2 hours
- Be patient and attentive to the needs and desires of the older adult
- Educate older adults on how to use various forms of technology
- Show older adults how they can utilize technology to stay engaged and connected
Minimum age: 18
Dates: 10/14/2021 - 06/01/2022
2 Positions available!
Bain 50+Center 5470 Ruth Keeton Way
Columbia MD, 21044