Wine Education Seminar Assistants- Wine in the Woods
21 yrs+ | Sun. May 19 | 12:30 PM - 4:30 PM Shift
Volunteering is your opportunity to be a part of this popular Festival! We are looking for dedicated volunteers who are willing to invest your time to assist at this event.
Assist with setting up and cleaning up the tent for the presenters of demonstrations; help distribute samples for tasting, keep the crowd moving in and out before and after the demonstrations.
Note: There is no AM Shift available for this position
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Ability to work well with customers
- Ability to give clear directions
- Ability to work outdoors rain or shine
- Volunteers must download and review the Festival Volunteer Orientation Handbook (See below for download)
- Onsite training provided
What To Wear
- Wine in Woods Volunteer T-Shirt (Shirt will be issued at check in)
- Comfortable shoes; preferably closed-toe shoes
- Your choice of appropriate bottoms
- Bring jacket, hat, umbrella, etc. if necessary
Note: New Volunteer T-Shirts will be issued this year.
Items To Bring for Check-In
- Photo ID
- Registration Confirmation Email (Printed or Screenshot)
Benefits of Volunteering
Each 4- hour volunteer shift will entitle you to receive a free t-shirt to wear during your volunteer shift and one complimentary admission wristband to the Wine in the Woods Festival, which is good for either Saturday or Sunday. Admission includes a commemorative wine glass good for sampling wine from the many wineries in attendance at the festival.
Volunteer positions are limited and are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Volunteer must be 21+ yrs. Photo ID Required
Download Handbook: download
Minimum age: 21
Dates: 05/19/2019 - 05/19/2019
2 Positions available!
5950 Symphony Woods
Columbia MD, 21044
- The Volunteer Tent is located on Little Patuxent Parkway across from the office building on the JC Penney and Food Court entrance of the mall. Look for the Volunteer Sign.
- Please park in the Merriweather main lot or one of the designated lots along Little Patuxent Parkway. If you are volunteering for the afternoon shift, you may need to give yourself a little extra time to park!