Do you have a special skill, hobby, passion, or talent? The Howard County Office on Aging & Independence is seeking student volunteers to conduct virtual programs for older adults. This new and exciting program is a volunteer-based resource, designed to provide social support to Howard County residents, who are 50 years or older. The program is intended to remotely provide an inter-generational experience by having volunteers of the younger generation facilitate meaningful, hands-on, live programs using WebEx.
This is a great opportunity for students of all ages to not only provide social engagement to the older adult community, but to gain experience with program development, public speaking, and using technology. This is also a creative and fun way to earn service hours remotely.
- Must have access to WebEx
- Must feel comfortable leading/facilitating a group program
- Must have a talent, skill, or hobby that can be presented/taught
- Attend a phone interview to present your idea
- Must be available to perform a live program (approximately 30 minutes long) during your scheduled time (TBD)
- Present your program idea to staff
- Practice, prepare, and present a live program during your scheduled time
Experience with WebEx is desired, but not necessary. Volunteers will be assigned a "Staff Coach" who will assist with setting up and hosting WebEx during your program.
6 Positions available!
This is a virtual volunteer opportunity, therefore can be conducted anywhere you have onling access.