The Loan Closet of Howard County is currently looking for volunteers to accept donations of Durable Medical Equipment (DME) from the public.
The purpose of the Loan Closet is to provide a clearinghouse of donated medical equipment to Howard County residents. Many residents are in need of medical equipment for a short period of time; others have medical equipment they no longer need. The Loan Closet brings these two communities of people together.
- Politely interact with the public to receive donations
- Assist donors in compeleting donation form
- Help donors move equipment
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to lift/move 50 pounds
- Ability to work with noisy machines and in varying temperatures
Volunteers must be able to commit to 2 hours (weekly or bi-weekly) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, OR Thursdays.
Volunteers will be required to complete a background check and attend an orientation and training .
Minimum age: 18