The Office on Aging and Independence is seeking volunteers who are interested in assisting Ellicott City 50+ Center staff with the Congregate Meal program. Congregate meals allow older adults to enjoy a well-balanced meal in a group setting, offering the opportunity for social engagement.
If you are interested in serving the older adult community, please consider volunteering with our Congregate Meal Team.
· Set tables in the dining room
· Serve lunch
· Greet and check in attendees
· Assist attendees with registration forms
· Clean up after lunch is served
· Good communication skills
· Follow basic instructions and procedures
· Feel comfortable working with older adults
· Be able to stand for long periods of time
· Commit to volunteer 1 day-2 days per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
· Be available to volunteer for Lunch on Tuesdays, 11 am-1 pm; Breakfast on Thursdays, 8:30 am -11 am
· Casual Dress
· Non-Slip Shoes
· An apron will be provided
*This position will require qualified volunteers to complete a Non-Disclosure Agreement Form.
Non-Disclosure Agreement Form Link:
Download Attachment: download
Minimum age: 16
Dates: 06/10/2022 - 12/31/2022
4 Positions available!
Ellicott City 50+ Center 9401 Frederick Road
Ellicott City MD, 21042
Ellicott City 50+ Center